April 19, 2017 - April 21, 2017
» See the full calendar
An Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve
This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the DaVinci Resolve interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Resolve’s powerful advanced features.
Learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.
Who is this class for?
Editors, Assistant editors, and Multimedia producers.
- Editing in DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Building the Rough Cut
- Finishing the Rough Cut
- Trimming Clip Duration
- Refining Edit Points
- Refining the Editing Process
- Customizing DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Capturing & Transferring Footage
- Applying Transitions
- Mixing Audio Tracks
- Creating Titles
- Applying Filters and Grading
- Finishing and Outputting
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
To download course outline click here.
Each student gets their own workstation. Three-Day intensives are from 10am-6pm.