Digital Cinema Bootcamp
Everything you need to know to shoot like a pro.
Through hands-on exercise and demonstration, instructors Josh Apter of MEW and Jem Schofield of theC47 will lead you through camera set-up, shooting and workflows with the most popular DSLR and Digital Cinema Cameras on the market.
This class will feature hands-on time with Sony's FS700, Canon's EOS C100 & the new Digital Bolex*!
Among the topics covered:
- DSLR/Digital Cinema Camera Operation
- Best shooting practices, shortcomings and workarounds
- Shooting digital to look like film - a matter of light and depth
- Single & Double-System sound and audio recording techniques
- Camera support systems and “tricking out” your camera system
- Lenses, adapters and how to use them.
- Production to Post Workflows
- Canon 5DMKIII
- Sony FS700
- Canon C100
- Digital Bolex*
DSLR & Digital Cinema Camera Overview on Friday February 22, 2013 from 6 - 9pm
Class & Practical Assignments run Saturday, February 23 & Sunday February 24, 2013 from 10am - 5pm
Lunch will be provided on both Saturday & Sunday.
7:00 - 9:00PM
- Workshop Outline
- What is DSLR & Digital Cinema?
- Camera Overviews
10:00AM - 1:00PM
- Support Systems
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 3:00PM
- Shooting Outdoors
- Shooting Assignments
3:00 - 6:00PM
10:00AM - 11:00AM
- Production to Post Overview
- Footage Review
11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Lighting, Shooting & Conducting Interviews Pt. 1
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 4:00PM
- Lighting, Shooting & Conducting Interviews Pt. 2
4:00PM - 5:00PM
- Q & A
NEW DATES: February 22 - 24, 2013!!
Early Bird Cost: $499 (Sign up by February 15, 2013!!)
Normal Course Cost: $599
Please inquire about special rate for students and educators.
Class size is limited to 15 students.
Students are encouraged to bring their own DSLR or Digital Cinema Camera. Each student will be provided with their own workstation.
Please indicate which camera you intend on using in the comments box.
*The Digital Bolex is scheduled to be shipping in time for the workshop and may not be available in time for use in this class.
Sample student projects from past DSLR workshops at Manhattan Edit Workshop: