May 09, 2016 - June 17, 2016
June 20, 2016 - July 29, 2016
September 12, 2016 - October 21, 2016
November 07, 2016 - December 16, 2016
» See the full calendar
Six Week Workshop
Industry Survival Kit.
Less starving. More artist.
"Manhattan Edit Workshop continues to grow its reputation as the top spot on the East Coast to learn the editor's craft.”
- Dan Ochiva, NYC Production & Post News NYC Production & Post News
Manhattan Edit Workshop's Six Week Intensive Course in the art and technique of editing is a comprehensive jump-start for anyone serious about a career in post-production.
In addition to certified training in Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X and After Effects, we devote time each day to film theory; covering the history & evolution of editing technique, as well as the aesthetics of narrative, short-form, comedy and documentary. You’ll not only learn the tools – you’ll understand why we use them. Please click here to read about our program as featured in Post Magazine online.
- The only class in the world where you can learn ALL of the leading industry tools: Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X and After Effects.
- NEW!! Upon completion of Manhattan Edit Workshop’s “Six Week Intensive Course,” students will be given the opportunity to apply for a paid editorial internship with the Leftfield Entertainment group, the production powerhouse known for producing Pawn Stars and other hit television series.*
- Work with top editors in our Artist in Residence Program. Recent Artists in Residence include: Susan Morse, ACE (Manhattan, The Purple Rose of Cairo), Alexander Hall (True Detective, The Treme, Messenger), Jay Rabinowitz, ACE (Requiem for a Dream, I'm Not There), Peter Frank, ACE (Blue Bloods, Cadillac Records), Craig McKay, ACE (Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia), Gary Levy, ACE (Royal Pains, Nurse Jackie), Sabine Hoffman, ACE (The Ballad of Jack and Rose, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee), Ken Eluto, ACE (30 Rock, Oz, Homicide), and Deborah Moran, ACE (Bloodline, Damages).
- Create a professional editors portfolio and build your own website to showcase your work.
- Gain access to our excusive private Six Week Intensive Alumni facebook group for career/technical advice and job opportunities.
- Certified Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer and Apple FCP X instruction included in every Six Week Intensive!
- Take the FCP X ($250 value) and the MC 101 ($150 value) & MC 110 ($150 value), user exams FREE!**
- The only class of it’s kind to guarantee that you cut on your own workstation for the duration of the class. Students never share a station - ever.
- Conveniently located in the heart of Manhattan, with easy access from anywhere in the tri-state area.
- Get exclusive Six Week Alumni discounts on MEWShop workshops and events.
- Free admission to Sight, Sound & Story 2016!
Artist in Residence Craig McKay, ACE (Silence of the Lambs, Reds, Philadelphia), speaks with Six Week Intensive students.
"I'm continually impressed by the seriousness of purpose of the students passing through the MEW workshops, to the point where I've hired a number of graduates on projects of mine. My only regret is that a place like MEW didn't exist when I was first trying to break into the film industry. I had to learn everything the hard way."
- Doug Block, Director (112 Weddings, The Kids Grow Up, 51 Birch Street) & Founder and Co-host of The D-Word
Whether just starting out in a new career, switching gears from an old one, or pursuing your own creative goals, the Six Week Intensive helps you develop the practical tools you need every day, and the foundation of your voice as a visual artist.
Six Week Intensives are Monday through Friday 10AM -5PM. The classroom will also be open to Six Week students Monday - Friday from 5pm - 6pm for lab time (schedule permitting.)
Have questions and want to speak with someone in person or check out the facilty? Join us at our next Open House on May 10th! Click here to register. Want to set up and appointment to tour the facility and speak with someone in person during the week? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours are avaialble Monday - Friday from 10am - 5:30pm, schedule permitting.
Course cost: $5,850
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
2016 Course Dates:
- NEW DATES! May 9, 2016 - June 17, 2016 - 3 Spots Remaining!
- June 20, 2016 - July 29, 2016 - 8 Spots Remaining!
- September 12, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- November 7, 2016 - December 16, 2016
Private student loans and payment plans are available for the Six Week Intensive Workshop. All students must fill out the appropriate loan application through Manhattan Edit Workshop for private loans. All private loan plans are designed around students on a case-by-case basis, but must be paid off within 6-24 months. Please call 212-414-9570 or email email@example.com for details about our payment plans and our low interest private loans that are available.
To receive additional information or to submit inquiries about the Six Week Intensive Workshop click here or call 212-414-9570.
Manhattan Edit Workshop will be closed and the Six Week Intensive will not hold classes on the following dates to observe National holidays: May 30, 2016, July 4, 2016, and November 24 - 25, 2016. These dates will not be made up for the class.
*Manhattan Edit Workshop cannot guarantee students will be hired or granted an interview as a result of the Six Week Intensive Workshop. **Certification tests must be redeemed within 30 days and taken on-site.