Less starving. More artist.
Manhattan Edit Workshop's Six Week Intensive Course in the art and technique of editing is a comprehensive jump-start for anyone serious about a career in post-production.
In addition to certified training in Avid, Final Cut Pro 7 & FCPX and After Effects, we devote time each day to film theory; covering the history & evolution of editing technique, as well as the aesthetics of narrative, short-form, comedy and documentary. You’ll not only learn the tools – you’ll understand why we use them. Please click here to read about our program as featured in Post Magazine online.
- Learn the leading industry tools: Avid, Final Cut Pro 7 & FCPX and After Effects.
- Work with top editors in our Artist in Residence Program. Recent Artists in Residence include: Sam Pollard (4 Little Girls, When The Levees Broke), Peter Frank, A.C.E. (Blue Bloods, Cadillac Records), Meg Reticker (30 Rock, The Wire, Bored to Death), Jean Tsien, A.C.E. (Dixie Chicks: Shut Up & Sing, Travis.) Harry Keramidas, A.C.E. (Back to the Future I, II, III), Malcom Jamieson (Treme, Mad Men) and Jay Rabinowitz, A.C.E. (Requiem for a Dream, I'm Not There).
- NEW! - Create a professional editors portfolio AND build your own website to showcase your work.
- Participate in Manhattan Edit WorkForce and connect to at least twenty-five* post facilities, instantly. Read about this program as featured on Apple.com.
- Take the Apple and Avid Certification exam FREE! ($300 value)
- FCP 7 and Certified FCP X instruction included in every Six Week Intensive!
- We guarantee that you cut on your own workstation for the duration of the class. Students never share a station.
- Get exclusive Six Week Alumni discounts on Mewshop workshops, and merchandise from Mewshop's participating partners.
Whether just starting out in a new career, switching gears from an old one, or pursuing your own creative goals, the Six Week Intensive helps you develop the practical tools you need every day, and the foundation of your voice as a visual artist.
Six Week Intensives are Monday through Friday 10AM -5PM
Course cost: $5,850
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
NEW!!! Student loans are now available for courses totaling more than $2,500. Students may take a combination of courses together or a single course that equals that amount. All students must fill out the appropriate loan application through Manhattan Edit Workshop. All plans are designed around students on a case-by-case basis, but must be paid off within 6-12 months. Please call 212-414-9570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details about our payment plans available.
- June 17, 2013 - July 26, 2013 - 4 SPOTS LEFT
- September 9, 2013 - October 18, 2013 - 6 SPOTS LEFT
- November 4, 2013 - December 13, 2013
Manhattan Edit Workshop will be closed and the Six Week Intensive will not hold classes on the following dates to observe National holidays: May 27, 2013, July 4, 2013, November 28-29, 2013. These dates will not be made up for the class.
To receive additional information or to submit inquiries about the Six Week Intensive Workshop click here or call 212-414-9570.
*Actual number of post-production facilities may be higher.
Former Mewshop Six-Week student Jamie Unruh talks about her decision to take and her experiences with Mewshop's Six Week Intensive Program. She talks about her work after the class at ITV, Lion Television, emmys.com and her current work editingher first feature documentary with director E.J. Vaughn.
Former Mewshop Six-Week student Kevin Moore talks about editing for the show "Dog the Bounty Hunter", "Parking Wars" and his own work as director of the zombie short, "Plague".
Manhattan Edit Workshop Six Week Workshop Student Profile of Heather Smith. For more information on our Six Week Intensive Workshop go to www.mewshop.com.