- Aug. 16 - 17, 2018
- Sep. 13 - 14, 2018
macOS X Server | 3 Day
macOS X Server Essentials - $1,850
[TWO-DAY or THREE-DAY INTENSIVE, 10am-6pm]
OS X Server 5 Essentials is a two or three-day course designed to give technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses macOS Server 5. Students learn how to install and configure macOS Server 5 to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, authentication, and printing. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying macOS Server 5 and software updates are also covered. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Who should attend? This course is designed for help-desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using macOS Server 5.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
• Understanding of macOS
• Experience with macOS in a network environment
• Basic troubleshooting experience or macOS X: Support Essentials workshop
What You Will Learn:
• The features of Server 5 for OS X
• How to configure essential services on macOS Server 5
• How to use macOS Server 5 tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
• Effective use of macOS Server 5 to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
• How to manage access to files and services
Each student gets their own workstation.
*Apple Pro Certification is not available for this course.