Legendary Academy Award-winner Anne V. Coates, ACE heads this year’s lineup of celebrated VFX artists and editors
New York, New York – May 19, 2016 - Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), the cutting-edge authorized digital training destination for post-production and content creators, today announced their all-star list of guest speakers and panelists for its annual one-day event, Sight, Sound & Story, held this year on June 11, 2016 at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway at Columbus Circle. “Sight, Sound & Story is one of the few events that brings together the community to celebrate the art of visual storytelling. This year’s panels include a look at visual effects artists, television's golden age, and groundbreaking documentaries. The event culminates with legendary editor Anne V. Coates, ACE’s acclaimed career including The Elephant Man, Out of Sight, Unfaithful, Becket, In the Line of Fire, and the Oscar winning Lawrence of Arabia,” says Josh Apter, owner of Manhattan Edit Workshop. "Our mission each year is to entertain, educate and provide our audience with unprecedented access and insight from some of today’s greatest story tellers."
This special one-day symposium features the some of the best in the business:
- Anne V. Coates, ACE - Lawrence of Arabia, The Elephant Man, Out of Sight, In The Line of Fire
- Kelley Dixon, ACE (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Walking Dead)
- Kate Sanford, ACE (Vinyl, Boardwalk Empire, The Wire)
- Leo Trombetta, ACE (Narcos, Mad Men, Temple Grandin)
- Sean Devereaux (Hardcore Henry, The Magnificent Seven)
- Bobbie O'Steen, "Cut to the Chase," "The Invisible Cut"
- Michael Berenbaum, ACE (The Americans, Sex and the City)
- Ed Mendez (The Leftovers, Sin City, X-Men 2)
- Gabriel Rhodes (The Tillman Story, Newtown)
- Mona Davis (The Farm, Running From Crazy)
- Michael Huber (Creed, American Ultra)
- Erin Casper (American Promise, The Last Season)
- Alex Lemke (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Into the Woods)
- Livia Bloom, editor of "Errol Morris: Interviews," writer for Cinema Scope, Filmmaker Magazine, and Film Comment
- Ross Shain, Chief Marketing Officer at Boris FX & Imagineer Systems
Sight, Sound & Story Panel Topics
MEWShop President, Jason Banke comments on the diverse range of topics offered at this year’s event, “Each year we try to bring the best talents from different elements of Post Production to bring their processes of story making directly to a live audience. Sight, Sound & Story allows us to give access to these amazing artists unlike any other event.” Sight, Sound & Story panel sessions include “Visual Effects: Behind the Green Screen and the Integral Role of the VFX Team,” “Finding the Thread: Deconstructing Documentary Films,” “TV is the New Black: Television's Cinematic Revolution,” and “Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O’Steen featuring Anne V. Coates, ACE”
Support Our Sponsors
- HP and Intel® return again this year to showcase more of their amazing products to attendees. From groundbreaking engineering to performance-optimizing technologies, HP Z Workstations are rich with customer-driven tools, features and benefits.
- Perennial sponsor Blackmagic Design returns showcasing their innovating creative video technology; from cutting edge professional cameras to their groundbreaking software.
- Our newest sponsor G-Technology, delivers premium storage solutions for audio/video production, photography and the professional content creation market. From storing, transferring, editing and distributing content, G-Technology makes the workflow simpler, better and faster. G-Technology's high-performance portable and desktop drives, flexible transfer/edit solutions and fast RAID systems are all built for professional content creation environments where performance and reliability are paramount.
Register for Sight, Sound & Story
Sight, Sound & Story will take place on June 11, 2016 at the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway located at 1871 Broadway, just steps from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center. Admission is $89.00, with discounts available to select partner organizations. A networking party with open bar, hors d’oeuvres and sponsored giveaways is included in the price.
To register, please go to: http://bit.ly/1TslsdI
Special Attendee Giveaway From Boris FX & Imagineer Systems!
MEW has partnered with Boris FX/Imagineer to giveaway a free, 3 month subscription license to professional visual effects tools.
Choose either: Boris Continuum Complete 10 plug-ins for Avid & Adobe OR the upcoming mocha Pro 5 planar tracking & masking utility.
For more information, visit Boris FX
About “Sight, Sound & Story” Speaker Series:
Produced by Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop), “Sight, Sound & Story” is an ongoing high-profile speaker series that brings audiences “behind the scenes” with legends of visual storytelling. Superstar and award-winning guests have included Michael Kahn, ACE (Saving Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Lincoln), William Goldenberg, ACE (Argo, The Imitation Game, Zero Dark Thirty), Alan Heim, ACE (All That Jazz, Network), Jerry Greenberg, ACE (Apocalypse Now, The French Connection), Nancy Schreiber, ASC (November, The Nines, The Comeback), Sidney Wolinsky, ACE (The Sopranos, The Strain, Ray Donovan), Bill Pankow, ACE (The Untouchables, Carlito’s Way), Cindy Mollo, ACE (House of Cards, Mad Men), Rob Legato (Avatar, Hugo), Paul Koestner (Louie, Deadbeat, Better Things), Phil Stockton, M.P.S.E. (Life of Pi, Hugo), Eugene Gearty, M.P.S.E. (The Departed, Hugo), and Susan Morse, ACE (Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters). Each event is hosted in the NYIT Auditorium on Broadway at 1871 Broadway, just footsteps from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center.
About Manhattan Edit Workshop – Certified Training in New York City and Your City
Headquartered in the Flatiron District of New York City, Manhattan Edit Workshop was founded in 2002 with the goal of providing cutting-edge instruction on Apple®, Adobe® and Avid® platforms. Since then, MEWShop has added Digital Cinema Production classes, DaVinci Resolve, Autodesk® Smoke®, Assimilate Scratch training and a two-week documentary film production course to its already impressive curriculum. MEWShop’s signature Six-Week Intensive is a jump-start for anyone looking for a career in post-production, while weekend and one-week courses introduce and solidify core editing concepts. Corporate and group training offer a customized curriculum, either in-house or on-site, for professionals eager to learn a new skill or to build on existing ones. The facility’s focus on small workshops, highly skilled and certified faculty, and a results-oriented curriculum have quickly won it the reputation as New York’s premier post-production teaching facility.
Manhattan Edit Workshop