In just two short years, the wildly popular HD-DSLR craze has put HD video-shooting still Cameras in the hands of thousands of filmmakers.
Manhattan Edit Workshop’s Video DSLR Fundamentals Class is a three-day, hands-on workshop covering the shooting techniques, helpful tricks, infinite accessories, and known workflow solutions for this amazing new filmmaking tool.
Through hands-on exercise and demonstration, instructors Josh Apter and Jem Schofield will lead you through camera set-up, shooting and editing with the most popular HD-DSLR models on the market.
Among the topics covered:
• HD-DSLR overviews and popular models.
• Best shooting practices, shortcomings and workarounds.
• Shooting video like film.
• Double-System audio.
• Camera support systems and “tricking out” your DSLR.
• Lenses, adapters and how to use them.
• Transcoding and ingesting.
• Editing and output.
• EZ setups and proven workflow techniques.
Friday Night - Meet & Greet
7:00PM - 9:00PM
- Workshop Outline
- What is DSLR & Digital Cinema?
Saturday - Day One
10:00AM - 1:00PM
- Support Systems
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 3:00PM
- Pre-Pro /Shot Lists
3:00 - 6:00PM
Sunday - Day Two
9:00AM - 11:00AM
11:00AM - 1:00PM
- Post Production Workflow
1:00PM - 2:00PM
2:00PM - 5:00PM
- Edit & Export
Early Bird Cost: $499
Course Cost: $599
Please check our course listings for upcoming dates. Class size is limited to 16 students. Students must provide their own HD-DSLR cameras. Each student will be provided with their own workstation.
Sample student projects from past DSLR workshops at Manhattan Edit Workshop:
- DSLR Fundamentals Workshop - Class Rough Cut 1 - October 2010 from Manhattan Edit Workshop on Vimeo.
- DSLR Fundamentals Workshop - Class Rough Cut 2 - October 2010 from Manhattan Edit Workshop on Vimeo.
- DSLR Fundamentals Workshop - Class Rough Cut 3 - October 2010 from Manhattan Edit Workshop on Vimeo.