EditFest NY, the east coast version of American Cinema Editor’s successful EditFest series, (launched in June 2009 at The Director’s Guild Theater in Manhattan) is returning June 10 - 11, 2011. EditFest NY is presented by American Cinema Editors (ACE) and Manhattan Edit Workshop (MEWShop). Over the course of the weekend, EditFest NY will present some of the best known and highly regarded east coast film editors who turned out to mingle, mentor, and present. Last year's event kicked off with an industry insider’s view of how to break into the editing business. The panel was followed by an opening night gala, a wall-to-wall party where panelists from every EditFest NY panel mingled with rapt attendees. The second day of panels of editors from genres including television, documentary, comedy and feature films. To see videos of last year's event click here.
This years event is going to be even bigger and better. Over two tightly-programmed days, attendees - including professional editors, production executives, network and studio staff, fledgling assistants and content creators - will participate in sharply planned, targeted panels and extensive Q&A sessions. They’ll listen to, learn from and engage with the most respected, award winning editors of feature films and television. Attendees, VIPs, sponsors and panelists will also mingle at the highly anticipated opening night reception.
Dates: June 10 - 11, 2011
Location: Director's Guild of America Theater 110 West 57th Street (click here for a map)
Cost: $249 per person - $199 for students, members of partner organizations, MEWShop Six Week Alumni and EditFest previous attendees.
Friday June 10, 2011:
6:00pm - 7:00pm Check in
Your chance to check in and mingle with panelist and attendees. Don’t miss your opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for chance to win an Avid Media Composer and Editing DVD’s from American Cinema Editors. Proceeds go the ACE Educational Center and are tax deductible.
7:15pm -9:00pm The Lean Forward Moment
Feature film editors discuss influential scenes from their favorite films. Moderated by Norman Hollyn (Editor, Author and Head of USC Editing Track).
9:00pm - 11:00pm Opening Night Cocktail Party
Your chance to converse one on one with the panelists and attendees.
Saturday June 11, 2011
10:00 am – 11:30 am The Documentary Edit: Finding the Moment
Documentary editors discuss writing with images.
Moderated by Steve Audette, ACE
11:45am – 1:15pm Editing Animation: Pixar
Moderated by Bobbie O’Steen (Author of The Invisible Cut & Cut to the Chase)
Toy Story 3 editor Ken Schretzmann, ACE, explains the Pixar process
1:15 pm - 2:30pm Lunch Break (boxed lunch included)
2:30 pm – 3:45pm Greatest Movies You Never Saw
Moderated by Jeffrey Wolf, ACE
4:00pm – 5:30pm Feature Editor Panel
Moderated by Vincent LoBrutto - (Author and Professor at SVA)
5:30pm Say Goodbye to the Panelists and fellow EditFest Attendees with short mixer.
Network with industry pros and colleagues.
Sunday June 12, 2011: (Special Workshops at Manhattan Edit Workshop)
Tapeless Workflow Masterclass 10am - 2pm: Cost $79* ($59 with EditFest NY 2011 ticket)
Certification Sunday 11am - 5pm: Cost $199* ($149 with EditFest NY 2011 ticket)
Adobe Premiere Pro Free Demo 10am- 11am or 12pm - 1pm: Cost Free! (must sign up online, limited to 40 people a session)
*Special Classes are separate from price of attending EditFest NY
Panelists and Participants:
Confirmed panelists* (as of April 20, 2011)
- Steve Audette (Bush’s War, Nico’s Challenge)
- Adam Bolt (Inside Job,The Recruiter)
- Josh Diamond (MBS Prods., I Think Bad Thoughts, Full of Regret)
- Peter Frank (Dirty Dancing, The Verdict, Cadillac Records)
- Bradley Fuller (Interview With the Assassin, A Brief History of Time)
- Tina Hirsch, ACE (The Twilight Zone, Gremlins)
- Sabine Hoffman, ACE (The Ballad of Jack and Rose, The Girl is in Trouble)
- Malcolm Jamieson (Down to the Bone, Mad Men)
- Harry Keramidas, ACE (The Final Season, Back to the Future, 1, 2 & 3)
- Anne McCabe, ACE (Adventureland, Nurse Jackie)
- Keith Reamer (Amreeka, I Shot Andy Warhol)
- Ken Schretzmann, ACE (Toy Story 3, Cars)
- Larry Silk, ACE (Wild Man Blues, Pumping Iron)
- Barbara Tulliver, ACE (Brooklyn’s Finest, State and Main, Signs)
- Andrew Weisblum, ACE (Black Swan, The Wrestler, Darjeeling Limited)
- Jeffrey Wolf, ACE (Beautiful Girls, Holes, Billy Madison)
- Aaron Yanes, ACE (Tyson, 30 for 30, PollyWood)
- David Zieff (Metallica - Some kind of Monster, Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who)
*Panelists are subject to availability and may change at anytime.