- Aug. 16 - 17, 2018
- Oct. 4 - 5, 2018
- Nov. 1 - 2, 2018
- Dec. 13 - 14, 2018
ICA 201 | 2 Day
Advanced Color Grading With Resolve - $1,095
[TWO-DAY INTENSIVE, 10am-6pm]
This two-day class is designed around a small conformed sequence that you can take away. We will work through the project from start to finish not only looking at Resolve, but also using general colorist strategies. You will be able to keep the project and stills, a great way to continue your learning.
What You Will Learn:
- Starting with dailies. Grade a look for editing from the RAW camera files
- Making a LUT, exporting LUTs and Looks
- Render ProRes or DNxHD for offline editing, H264 for the web
- Export and XML/AAF from Premiere. How to roundtrip successfully
- Conform the ProRes in Resolve using the XML, it’s not correct what can we do?
- Bring in audio .wav then compare the conform with the offline reference movie
- Swap to the RAW camera files
- “Conform v Bake”, what are the pros and cons of each workflow?
- Where do we start the grade?
- Primary grading. 3 way color corrector, Curves and LOG grading
- Look creation. How to preview a look through the whole timeline using the split screen mode
- Plugin FXs, is this for the Colorist?
- Advanced secondary grading, keying, window tracking and animating
- VFX shots inserted into the timeline
- Fix audio and Optical flow issues
- Using the new RGB node
- External mattes, how do they help us?
- Finish Render out to 709/DCP
Each student gets their own workstation.
Click here for a free DaVinci Resolve trial before you take the class.
*BUNDLE ICA 101 + ICA 201 for 10% OFF